Sunday, January 4, 2015

My Self Medication

         In this generation, people are more materialistic. We always want the best for ourselves - bigger & comfy houses, higher salaries, grander gadgets. We work harder for a cozy life. And this became the source of our problems and stress that sometimes we get lost in the maze of life.

Yes, I also work hard for a good life. But earning high only leaves me wanting more. Then dissatisfaction and frustration follows. I always end up feeling unhappy and hopeless.

The good thing about me is, I know how to treat myself at all time. I have my own medications to unhappiness and hopelessness, and that is compassion. To live with compassion means not only to give material goods but to make a difference in someone's life or simply being able to put a smile on someone's face.

The opportunity to help people in need always excites me. In my everyday life, I trained myself not to just passed-by on a beggar, to give him food is something like a requirement for me. I also make it a practice to smile because that positive aura makes people feel good.

Another drugs to my sadness and distress is the Passionist Youth community. This group also offers the same opportunity, to lend a hand, give love and bring joy. One of its amazing activity is to reach some remote areas and be with the living "Lumads", not only satisfied me with the adventure but also delights my heart with the picture of peoples' smiling faces. Their warm welcome brings joy to my soul. 

These medications, generosity and kindness, are unlimited and the best thing about it, is that it cost me nothing but it multiply and always return to me many times over.

There is nothing more refreshing, more inspiring, more wonderful than experiencing the feeling of making a difference to a life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment