Thursday, February 12, 2015

When you turn 26 and still Single ...

A date with the Lord on my birthday.
Simple yet the sweetest celebration I ever had.
October 29, 2014 - My 26th turn.
"This is the day that the Lord has made ..." I could happily sing like the way I always do before because today is my birthday (my 26th turn). Convincing myself that turning 26 is just a number to count. But No! It's a year that passed. A year like the other year of the other year. I thought.

This year is different. I supposed I could simply live the year like the way I used to. To just laugh every time friends and family make fun remarks of my "Single status" and go solo shopping without feeling alone. But its not! And so, I take note all the sentiment someone might be feeling when they turn 26 and still single. Sentiments that sometimes make you laugh and sigh.
  1. Everyone acts like cupid and wants you to date every single man they know.
  2. Birthday greetings sounds like a reminders that you're getting old and that you need to find "The One".
  3. Celebration is not a party but more like a sympathy of your unchanged status.
  4. Your Not-having-a-relationship-ever-since is the headline during family gatherings and friends bonding.
  5. You over-heard the question "How's your love life?" a thousand times.
  6. Your boss can't figure out why you're still single and suggested that you should try joining other social groups aside from religious company.
  7. Your siblings and friends can't keep from teasing you to your closest guy friend.
  8. You realized that you cannot buy couple items because you will spoil the other one.
  9. Involvement in Religious group makes your mother scared of the possibility that you'll become a nun.
  10. Your family makes fun of your since-forever-being-SOLO.
  11. You want to skip February 14 on the calendar but you know you can't. So, you'll make a plan on how to be busy on that day. 
  12. Solo shopping makes you realize that you are ALONE. No one to ask to bring those shopping bags but yourself and pretend that you are in an emergency shopping.
Finally, this year I came to a realization. A realization that a 'biological clock' is ticking 'tic-toc-tic-toc'. I am not sure if I should be in a hurry or just remain composed like the other year. But one thing I am sure of, "True-Love-Waits" as the Lord declares (Jeremiah 29:11);

No comments:

Post a Comment